Monday, August 24, 2009

new etsy purchases

I'm finally getting around to putting up some artwork in my new place. The empty walls are starting to drive me a little crazy. I thought I'd share what I had in mind for one wall. I don't know where I found this image, but I love the look. So I plan on putting up shelves to display some cute illustrations I'm gathering. I'm making some of my own stuff and also bought a few pieces today.

I'm super excited these prints are on their way to my house. The first one is the Studio Mela collage from dazeychic.etsy.com. I've had my eye on her work for quite some time now, but honestly had a really hard time deciding which print to buy. So this one seemed like the best solution. An adorable mix of many of her works.























Then I chose this sweet little collage, Little Bird Consoling Teary Girl from cabin.etsy.com. It's a cute little mixed media piece made from vintage book illustrations and hand illustration on a wood veneer. I loved the illustration style, texture of the wood, and the colors are great.























I also chose these two small prints from timssally.etsy.com. I love her work. The texture, color and expressions she captures are just beautiful. They obviously won't come with the watermark on them, but here is a peek at what they look like. I'm starting to see a theme here, I hope everything doesn't look too juvenile? Like they should be in a little girl's room. I don't think so though. I love how sweet they are and they will be mixed in with other pieces too, so I think I should be fine. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I love Cabin + Cub, her work is so beautiful and fun. Can't wait to see your new walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great taste!
    I am a big fan of Cabin + Cub, who also has a great blog.

    ReplyDelete