Tuesday, September 29, 2009

brrrrrr bring it

I spent the weekend in Chicago with one of my best friends and her family. I've known her for a very long time. Her daughter is almost four and seriously sooooo cute. I wanted to pack her up and bring her home with me. I love that age when they are super silly and fun and chattering away. And she is so smart. Right away when they picked me up at the airport, she was playing with mom's iphone and seriously knew how to totally use it. She was using the itunes to play her favorite songs and sing along. This is a kid who never really got into nursery rhymes, she likes Beyonce's Put a Ring on it, T-Pain's Apple Bottom Jeans, and Big & Rich's Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy. I was hysterical, had tears running down my face as she sang along.

We had some girl time just relaxing and hanging out. then went to their cabin and went boating on the chain of lakes. It was a great time and I miss them already.

I came back to MN and it is FREEZING. I swear it was almost 80 degrees when I left! When I landed it was 55! I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan of fall and winter, that's part of why I love Minnesota so much. (And why I have an obsession with winter coats.) And because I'm one of those girls whose hair totally does not agree with hot humid weather. I always wished I was like my friends who have naturally straight hair that can just air dry and be perfect. I have to fight with a hair dryer and flat iron if I want to achieve that. Which is not fun in hot weather. Plus when you walk outside, all the curl starts creeping back. And not in a pretty way, its more like a wavy frizzy mess.

But I wasn't prepared yet for such a quick change in temp. I came home and immediately pulled out my Uggs and winter coats, added more blankets to my bed. Bring on the cold weather, now I'm prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment